Proposing to amend the assessment on the grounds of error or omission

One month after the issuance of the notice of assessment, the objection period has indeed passed. The taxpayer later discovered that there were errors or omissions in the assessment, and it is still possible to propose amendments to the assessment. However, the Inland Revenue Department will not accept requests for amendments to tax assessments for reasons other than “errors or omissions”.

The so-called “error or omission” includes:

1. Mistakes in calculations, facts, or laws, such as reporting income that is not taxable on the tax return

2. The taxpayer omitted to declare the tax allowance or deducted or omitted to provide items or materials that can be deducted or exempted from the tax on the tax return.

If the Inland Revenue Department ultimately does not accept and do not agree to issue an amended tax assessment, the Inland Revenue Department will notify the taxpayer in writing. If the taxpayer insists on his position and disagrees with the decision of the Inland Revenue Department, he can formally object to the Inland Revenue Department in writing within one month after the notice is issued, and the Inland Revenue Department will process his application in accordance with the objection procedure.

The above information is for reference only. If in doubt, we welcome your tax inquiries

Leave a Comment

open chat
你好, 歡迎來到我們Mexus會計的網站, 如需會計及報稅的資訊, 我們會立即找專員聯絡你!

如想搜索免費的報稅資訊, 可看以下的連線:


如想搜索免費的成立公司資訊, 可看以下的連線:


感謝你的到訪, 希望有一天能為你服務